Tonight with my ward we actually played a game that is called bigger and better. You start with an item and go around trying to get something bigger or better. These are items that people are willing to trade for and know that they will not be getting back. After 30 minutes we met back and saw who won. I went into it wondering how it would be, but it was very entertaining for our group.
We started with this:

Then got this:

(It was the mattress in case you couldn't tell)
And ended up with this:

(It actually worked and came with a remote.)
Go figure! (Random I know.)
5 comments:
I used to play that game all the time on dates and also with the boys I mentored. They were all nervous at first, but once they started, loved it. We also got some pretty amazing stuff (as well as a lot of junk too).
Good job on the TV. Did you get to keep it, or did somebody else?
teachinfourth,
Somebody else got the TV, but we did win a prize! We also had quite a bit of junk come back as well from some of the other groups, along with a child, which we thought didn't count because they had to give him back! :)
WOW! You all did pretty good in your trading! I'd say you deserved to win! I hope you are doing well! Maybe sometime we are out there to visit we will get a chance to catch you and visit! I'd love to see you again!
Laura's Mom :)
My daughter played this game with her YW group. Her group won. They left with a pack of crackers and came back with a small dresser! I think the lesson behind it was giving up something now for something better later.
Such a fun game!
Freddie,
It was great to hear from you. That would be great to see you both again!
Annette,
Wow, a small dresser. It is amazing the things that people are willing to give up.
Post a Comment