We started our next week by going fishing again, and this time the only bites we had were the mosquitoes. I thought they were bad the first time! There was this frog hanging out though...I think he was laughing at us.
This photo and the two following are when we went the the Billings, Montana Temple. It was beautiful!
Tuesday night there was an amazing lightning storm. I love watching the lightning storms in Wyoming, I just wish I had a better camera and more experience taking pictures of lightning.
This is the VERY FANCY restaurant that we ate at after we got back from the Temple.
Wednesday we went up the mountains to fish. Here is an overlook of the Big Horn Basin.
This picture and the one under it is where we stopped first to do some brookie fishing. You walk through the field and to the brook. There you try and hide behind a bush, or somewhere else where the fish can't see you, and stick in your pole. When it tugs you flip it out of the water. This was my first time doing this kind of fishing, and it was awesome!
Grandpa, Grandma, and Dad cleaning the fish.
One of the many brookies that I caught.
We stopped at this restaurant in the mountains before heading to the next fishing place.
This picture and the one below are the 2nd fishing place we were at. Altogether we caught about 62 fish, I caught about 25 of those.
This picture and the one below are at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center. It is actually a building with 5 museums in it.
This is an animal that I just couldn't resist taking a picture of in the museum.
This is what happens when Grandma leaves your muddy socks in straight purex for too long! (They are clean though!)
We mixed and poured some more cement, this time instead of squares we did this long strip behind the garage.
It is kind of scary when this is the sign that you see as you start a hike!
That sign wasn't kidding, although it could have been much worse.
Here we are at the 5 Springs Falls, and the picture below is on the way down.
Wow...that's a long way down! This one and the one below are another view of the Big Horn Basin at Devil's Lookout.
Well...I hope you have enjoyed seeing a small part of this trip. It was fabulous, and I am excited to go again next year!

5 comments:
Hey Julie! Beautiful pictures! I too, love thunder storms.. wish I had a camera that was good enough (and the skill too...) to capture an awesome pic.
What beautiful country! Thanks for sharing.
I hope your first day of school went okay. Did you have a short day like the kids up here?
It was so fun to see you at the reunion the other weekend! Thanks for making the trip!
Glad you're back and still alive! That was a HUGE fish you were holding...glad it didn't pull you in.
I'm sure the frog wasn't laughing at you. It was probably glad you brought the mosquitoes with you so that it could have lunch. :)
min,
Thanks for stopping by. It was nice to see you. Hopefully we will have a nice thunder storm that we can enjoy!
lynners,
My first day went well. Our kids got out an hour early for two weeks so that we could do parent teacher conferences. It was great to see you too!
teachinfourth,
Yeah, I'm glad that HUGE fish didn't pull me in either. Although, that would have made for a great blog! :)
matt,
I suppose you are right. I'm glad someone there liked them. I wish the frog would've eaten them FASTER though! :)
Post a Comment