Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wyoming-Part 1

I know, I know...I have been a TERRIBLE blogger this past month! I could list all of the reasons and activities that I have been doing, but I would rather spend my words on more important things. The biggest reason for not blogging however, was all of the time I have spent out of town. I would be home for a day or so and then leave again. I honestly just got back in town last night, and was way to tired to blog. Most of this traveling time was spent in Wyoming, so I will actually split my trip into two parts and tell you about that adventure.


My grandma and grandpa live in Wyoming, and my dad and I went there to visit them. Rather then bore you with lots of words, or the over 600 pictures I took, I am going to do a combination of a very few of my pictures with some captions so you know what in the world is going on! Enjoy! :)


This is some of the wildlife that we saw on the drive there, that I just couldn't resist stopping the car and getting out to take a picture.

On the way we stopped at the World's Largest Mineral Hot Springs- This is the swinging bridge. The next 3 shots are at the mineral hot springs.




When they say "hot springs" they really are HOT...however, I just had to touch it!


Finally arriving at our destination.

So we went fishing the second night that we were there and I was wearing some of my grandma's shoes because we knew it would be pretty muddy. Well...it was also VERY slick and the shoes had no traction. This is what happens with that combination.


This is where we went fishing a few times.

This is the catfish that I caught that night.

Well, even though the mosquitoes were awful and I thought that they might carry me away or eat me alive, I did get some amazing sunset pictures if I do say so myself. Enjoy the next few pictures.





We had to visit Yellowstone while we were so close.

Grandma being attacked by wildlife...ok, messing around in the gift shop!

Old Faithful

These are some of the springs around Old Faithful.


This is the chipmunk that was enjoying the walk around Old Faithful with us.

This photo and the one below are of Kelper Cascades which are in Yellowstone Park.


While there the first week we used this cement mixer and filled in several squares in front of my grandma and grandpa's house. There are actually several steps, but I have included a few of them.



I hope that I haven't bored you with all of these pictures. It is hard to choose from all of them and all of the activities, so just know that a lot more went on, and it was a great time. I will keep you now all in suspense for the conclusion of the trip.

6 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Love the water photos...also, glad you're back safe and sound. Now will you be freaking out about school starting in a week?

Matt said...

Your grandma looks petrified in that picture. Great facial expressions. I need to go to Yellowstone again. I didn't appreciate it as much when I was younger because of the smell. :) Thanks for the pictures.

Heather said...

Welcome Back! It looks like you've had a blast this summer I can't wait to see the following parts! :)

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Teachinfourth,
I thought some of them turned out ok. I'm glad I'm back too. Definitely freaking out about school.

Matt,
I have that effect on people! Yellowstone is a great place to visit and explore.

Heather,
It is nice to be back. I have had an awesome summer. I hope you are having fun too!

Unknown said...

No Julie! Don't touch the water, it's hot! Yeah, I realize I haven't visited your blog in a bit, but I still had to say it!