Saturday, May 10, 2008

Till It's Gone


A little while ago I was sitting waiting for some friends when I realized what was playing in the background. It was an Amy Grant song. My thoughts immediately went to many of her songs, but stopped on one called, "Big Yellow Taxi." As the song ran through my head I haven't stopped thinking about a phrase from the song. The phrase is one you are probably familiar with, and says:

"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone"


I have been thinking a lot recently about things that have gone in my life in the past, and things that will be gone in the future. It is sad that you don't think about some of these things until they are gone, and then realize what you had. However, there are some things that are gone that have brought me happiness, but I didn't realize it until later. Interesting...

No comments: