Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lessons from a fly


The other day I went out to my car and on the front windshield was a fly. I thought about how silly that fly was and knew that when I started the car he would fly away. Alas, this little fly proved me wrong. He didn't fly away as I drove down the street, but held on tight even though the speed kept increasing. Eventually the next time I stopped he flew away, but our journey together made me think of a few things:
1. Sometimes life is hard and we can't seem to get off or away from what is hard, so we just hold on until it becomes easier.
2. Sometimes we just need to take a moment to look at the little things...even flies. (I don't know how many of you have noticed the moon recently, but it has been amazing. Sometimes I don't look around as much as I should.)
3. Life is a journey, so enjoy the ride!
(Although I can't say for certain if the fly enjoyed our ride, I think it would have been a cool experience for him.)

Of course there are other things that a fly can teach us, but I will leave that to your own pondering and imagination!

3 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

I think they also do something like throw up on their food before they eat it...

Just kidding.

Well, actually, I'm not...because they do, however, that's probably not a life lesson to be learned.

Thanks for your more useful insight.

Camille said...

Yes Julie. Thank you for those nice reminders.

Lynners said...

Brilliant. Thank you for the slow moment.