Sunday, December 14, 2008

iPods and Ice Skating

It was a dark and stormy night...
Actually it was, however the snow had stopped falling. As I crept up Provo Canyon, I wondered if this was a good idea. So far it hadn't been to bad, but I knew if it started snowing again I would have to come back. I made it up to Soldier Hollow where I was to attend a Christmas Social. I got there and made the phone call to my roommate that I had made it safely. It was a great thing that I went because the food was great and I won an iPod shuffle!

So now, years behind everyone else, I have an iPod. I really have enjoyed it so far. I left the Social, calling my roommate to let her know that I was leaving and when to expect me. I crept back down the canyon and let out a great sigh of relief when I made it into Provo. Then I was blessed to go to the church where I dropped off two dresses for a little girl that needed something for Christmas. I am so blessed to have so much. After dropping off the gifts I went to the ice arena where my ward and I ice skated. It had been about a year, and I forgot how much I love ice skating. What a great weekend.

6 comments:

Kaleb and Abby Widmier said...

Happy holidays Julie! Hope things are going well for you!

Love,
Kaleb and Abby
http://kandawidmier.blogspot.com/

Tiffany said...

What a lucky girl! I still don't have an ipod so you're not the last to get one. And I'm glad you're safe. I had the fun experience of driving around Salt Lake in the storm, I can only imagine how Provo canyon must have been!

Mindy said...

Glad you made it safe... truly, duly blessed...

adamanderinclark said...

I still don't have one either. I'll have to ask santa. I'm happy to say we only have rain here in CA. We will miss the white Christmas though.

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

What a fun way to get an ipod...Don't worry...you aren't the last not to have one! It sounds like you had a nice evening, even with the snow! I love to ice skate but it has been years! WOW! A social and ice skating all in one night! Sounds like an exciting evening! Glad it was safe too! If you ever want to visit KY be sure to look us up!

Julie said...

Kaleb and Abby,
Glad you stopped by. I hope you are doing well.

Tiffany,
Yeah, that storm was pretty bad.

Min,
I'm glad that I'm safe too! :)

Erin,
I'm glad CA is treating you well. I hope things are good for you and your family.

Freddie Ann,
I will definitely look you up. I miss getting to see you. Congrats on the upcoming grandkids! :)