
.jpg)
On Monday, February 9th I said my tearful goodbyes to a beloved pet, comfortor, hero, and friend. On Tuesday, February 10th Sugar left this world for a better place. A few months away from turning 16 years old, she has been a big part of my life. She was the best dog that a family could ever have. From the moment we got her, we knew she would change our lives. From waiting at the door until we got home from school to sitting by your feet when you were sick, she always seemed to know what you needed. As I left for college I feared that she would forget me, but my family always knew when I was back home before even getting out of the car, because Sugar would somehow just know and let everyone know before the door opened. She was the one that got my mom when the car fell on my dad and saved his life. She was the one to always comfort, whether you were sick or had your heartbroken. She was a dog that will never be forgotten. I hope to be able to write more, as time passes, but for now know that she was truly amazing and part of our family. While she is happy now, those she left behind will truly miss her waiting when they come home, but cherish the memories that she gave while she was here.

8 comments:
Animals can sure become an important part of our lives. I had a dog named Grizzly whom I really loved.
Maybe they're friends now...
I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember sugar well. I can't believe it has been sixteen years. I remember when you got her.
Sugar was such a sweetie...so sorry for your loss. She was fun to play with that spring break weekend we all spent at your house. Hope you're doing okay!
Wow, 16 years. Sugar was always such a friendly dog. I remember when you first got her how excited you all were. I'm so sorry for your loss.
I remember when you got Sugar and I can't believe its been that long. Its so wonderful to have a pet, a member of the family, for so many years. Although it doesn't make it any easier when they are gone. I'm so sorry, and we will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
Pets certainly do become a part of the family. So sorry Julie!
What a beautiful tribute. She's sounds like she was truly special. May the Comforter be near you as you deal with this loss.
Post a Comment