When I was with my grandparents in Wyoming, I rode in the back of the truck up to a place where you could hike to some beautiful falls. It seemed that we hadn't gone very far, as the road twisted and turned, and slowly wound its way up to our destination, and yet as I looked at where we had started we had climbed a long way. Recently I had another birthday. We are suppose to be older and wiser, and yet I thought about the goals that I haven't reached, and how I feel so far from the top sometimes, even though another year has passed. However, like looking from the back of the truck, I could see that even though I haven't reached all of my goals, I could see the road that I had climbed so far and the things that I had learned. I think that sometimes we feel like we are not doing the things that we wanted to accomplish on our road trip of life. That is when it helps to look back at all of the things that have all ready happened. Maybe you aren't to that goal that you are moving toward yet, but look at all of the progress you have made. Like this road we climbed, our road has been twisty and very bumpy sometimes, yet when you look at where you started it really is remarkable. This simple act of looking back at the distance from where I started and the road well traveled has given me strength to press forward as I reach the top.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Looking Back
When I was with my grandparents in Wyoming, I rode in the back of the truck up to a place where you could hike to some beautiful falls. It seemed that we hadn't gone very far, as the road twisted and turned, and slowly wound its way up to our destination, and yet as I looked at where we had started we had climbed a long way. Recently I had another birthday. We are suppose to be older and wiser, and yet I thought about the goals that I haven't reached, and how I feel so far from the top sometimes, even though another year has passed. However, like looking from the back of the truck, I could see that even though I haven't reached all of my goals, I could see the road that I had climbed so far and the things that I had learned. I think that sometimes we feel like we are not doing the things that we wanted to accomplish on our road trip of life. That is when it helps to look back at all of the things that have all ready happened. Maybe you aren't to that goal that you are moving toward yet, but look at all of the progress you have made. Like this road we climbed, our road has been twisty and very bumpy sometimes, yet when you look at where you started it really is remarkable. This simple act of looking back at the distance from where I started and the road well traveled has given me strength to press forward as I reach the top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You have such great perspective!!
Mindy,
You are too cute.
Post a Comment