Friday, January 21, 2011

Did you get a tattoo?

Yes friends...that is what several of my students asked me today. Let me back up a little to explain this situation. Last night I went to an event where they had to stamp your hand. Today as I went to school the stamp was wearing off, but still noticeable. I never really realized how observant children could be until I was asked, "Did you get a tattoo?" That is when the rest of the class also wanted to know if I had a tattoo. I told them that it was definitely not a tattoo, and that it was a stamp. I asked them if they had ever been some place where they had to stamp your hand. That is when they all exclaimed that they knew where I was last night. "You went to Chuck E. Cheese's!" Oh, the minds of little children!

2 comments:

Paul and Lori said...

I love it and know exactly what you mean!

Teachinfourth said...

Wait, so you didn't get one?

Bummer...