Sunday, January 16, 2011

Well...

I realize that I have been missing for some time, and rather than go into all the long details, I am just going to briefly tell you what has gone on so that I can be caught up and start fresh. Good thing we can start over. I do want you to know that while I haven't been posting, I have been reading your blogs!
My last post was in May right before school got out. I taught summer school and then the day that I got done I went home and my dad and I left for Wyoming to see my grandma and grandpa. It was a great time since I was able to see some other family members who I hadn't seen in a really long time.

This was the tree stump that after a lot of work finally left my grandpa's yard.

I got to play lawn darts with my grandpa!

I had a great time, but sadly our trip ended short. I then spent the rest of the summer helping my mom. She was in the hospital most of the summer. She is doing much better now, and I'm glad that I was there to help. I came back just in time for a family reunion at my other grandparents house and then for school to start. Oh, and to go on a hike.

School has been going well, and I have a great class this year. I have also been spending a lot more time on my school class website, so that has been a lot of fun. The last thing that I will end with is the one thing I wanted to share for a while. In March, I bought a house! It has been really fun and I have enjoyed thinking of ways to make it a home. Here are just a few pictures and I will hopefully be sharing more. Of course I had to buy a piano too!









I feel that I have learned a lot about myself and others the last little while, and I am grateful for the opportunity to make changes in my life. I'm grateful for learning experiences and new opportunities that help me to become a little better each day.

6 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

Yay for buying a house AND a piano! That's awesome, Jules! I'm sorry your mom has been in the hospital so much, I hope things are going better for her. Sending hugs your way :) Laura

Kaleb and Abby Widmier said...

Congrats on buying a house, Julie!!! That's exciting. It looks great! Enjoy!

Heather said...

Wow a house AND a piano...I'm so so soooo jealous! I think it would be fun to see sometime! Hope you're mom is better now, doesn't sound like to fun of a summer for her. Miss you and luv ya!

Teachinfourth said...

So I knew about the house, but still have yet to see it...when is this 'housewarming' party supposed to be?

mindyp said...

Congratulations on the house!! That is exciting news, a great thing to keep you occupied and too busy to post. ;)
Your mom is so blessed to have you.

Julie said...

Laura- Thanks for the hugs! Miss you!
Abby- Thanks! It has been fun.
Heather- You should totally come see it sometime. Miss you and congrats on the new addition to the family.
Teachinfourth- You can come over for a party anytime!
Mindy- Bless you for having patience with me!