Sunday, October 9, 2011

Looking Back and Memories

So I have been very reflective for some reason lately. When I heard Matthew Richardson's talk this past General Conference there were a few sentences that really hit me. He said, "I think back on my experience hiking with my children. We agreed that every time we stopped to catch our breath, rather than focusing exclusively on how much farther we needed to go, we would immediately turn around and look down the mountain. We would take in the scenery and say to each other, “Look how far we’ve come.” Then we would take a deep breath, quickly turn, face uphill, and start climbing again one step at a time." As I have been "looking back" and "seeing how far I've come" I have been bombarded with many memories. Some wonderful and some not so wonderful, but great learning experiences. Things I needed to keep moving forward on my journey through life. So, I wanted to give you all a special treat for the next few weeks. (I'm not sure how long I will do this yet.) I will be posting some pictures from looking back and memories I have had. Beware that several of this will be actual photographs that I have had to take a digital picture of or scan. You know back in the "olden days" when we just had film cameras? :)

Sugar, the dog I grew up with when she was a puppy!

The first time I had ever seen a toll bridge on the freeway. This was back East.

My first trip back East. We flew in to Philadelphia, PA and stayed in New Jersey.

Kit, the cat at my parents house that loves to find the strangest places to sleep.

The first time my hair was ever straightened. My roommates decided that it just needed to happen.

A Halloween party with a wonderful friend and someone that I visit taught.

A group from a ward when I was in college.

My job in High School. Yep..that's right, Dairy Queen!

No comments: