Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Week!


It has been a week and I'm writing again! I have learned so much recently about being happy and becoming a better person. Is life hard, confusing, frustrating, and tiring? Yes! But...it is also wonderful, happy, joyful, amazing, and full of learning and growth! I have been looking for the happy things in my life. Here are two stories that added to my happiness this week. I have been trying new recipes for dinner this whole week and it has been a lot of fun. It has been great to come home and make something new! The second is a mom pulled me aside one day at school this week and said that her daughter wanted to have her put curlers in her hair the night before picture day because she wanted curly hair just like her teacher because she looks up to me so much! That really touched me and made me realize that we do make a difference and people are watching. So, while I'm not perfect, life can be hard, and it is taking time to learn about time management, balancing my life better, priorities, and planning; there is still happiness. Yay for happiness and joy! I promise to post some pictures next week. Thanks for reading my ramblings on happiness.

Just a few thoughts:
"If you want to be happy, be." ~Leo Tolstoy
"Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it." ~Fyodor Dostoevsky
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." ~Abraham Lincoln

2 comments:

Mindy said...

it is all so true! how sweet to have a little one look up to you so much. what a joy to be with them!

Julie said...

Mindy- They are a joy and have been a great blessing in my life.