Sunday, March 22, 2009
Arm Update
So I finally had the appointment I have been waiting about a month for this week. It went well I thought. This was with the rheumatologist. He needs to run 3 more tests this upcoming week, and still look at those results, but he did give me a diagnosis in the meantime. So I have autoimmune arthritis. It is also referred to as reactive arthritis. Basically it is a different type of arthritis than what you get when you are older. This is where my immune system attacked my arm for some reason. There are 3 groups of people with this type of arthritis, and we will have to see what group I'm in. There is still lots I don't know and have answers to, because we are waiting for the other tests, but more than what I had before. He did an ultrasound and then gave me another one of those wonderful shots that numbs my arm. After that he gave me a shot of cortisone. Then came the best part of the whole visit. He told me that I wasn't to do any of my exercises from physical therapy for 1 week while the cortisone worked! It has been nice to have 3 hours a day back of my life! It has also been so nice to sleep without a splint on my arm at night. There are still many options and things that we have to still discuss, like the possibility of having a scope and cleaning out my arm. I go and see him in 3 more weeks to find out the rest of the answers and see how the cortisone worked. Until then I will enjoy no arm exercises until Wednesday! Yeah for happiness!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't wait until this drama ends! Just so things are less stressful in your life.
Post a Comment