I decided that I would just catch you all up to present day since the drama is still continuing, and I didn't realize it had been so many weeks of drama. Let's see, so I am still living with my Grandparents and slowly but surely getting able to do more things by myself. Where were we in the drama...oh yes, 60% more movement to go. So I faithfully did all these exercises and went back to physical therapy on February 16th. This was wonderful. I was remeasured and now I had 70% movement. I gained 30% movement just in 5 days. I only had 30% left to go instead of 60% and felt that this was going to be good and not take too much longer. I was doing more by myself and hoping to move back to my apartment soon. My therapist remolded that beautiful splint that you saw last post that I wear to bed. I was given more exercises and sent home. I returned to physical therapy on February 20th, and was again remeasured. It was a little disappointing because I thought that it would be pretty much better, but I had only gained 5%. Now I had 75% motion. The therapist said that this was normal to gain about 5%. I felt better knowing that I was still gaining motion. So, it will take a little longer, but at least I will be able to move it soon. I was given more exercises and went back on February 27th. I gained another 5% and now had 80% movement. My splint was remolded again, and I was given more exercises. This is the latest splint that I have.

If you compare it to the last post it is quite a bit straighter, but not there yet. I went to therapy again on March 5th, and this is where the drama really continues. I was remeasured and didn't have any gain. In fact, I had lost 3% motion. I went from 80% to 77%. This was very frustrating because I am doing about 2 hours of exercises a day and sleeping with that silly splint on and I am loosing motion. AHHHH!!!! We talked about some options, wanted to give it one more week, didn't remold the splint and was sent home. I still faithfully continued my exercises and went back on March 13th, hoping for some progress. The news was like last time. No gain, and a 2% loss. Now I am back to 75% motion. So here I am still living with my grandparents, loosing motion, and waiting to see another doctor on Tuesday. And so the journey continues...
2 comments:
Cut it off...go buy a new one.
Keep the updates coming... I hope it's improving. What an awful ordeal! Hugs :) love you
Post a Comment