Sunday, September 13, 2009

Enjoying The Tunnel

Ok...so first I have to appologize for being probably the worst blogger on the face of the planet! Things in my life have kept me from blogging, however, I think that it has calmed down enough to start up again. To attempt to make it up to you...this week there will be several posts. So keep looking throughout the week. As I was thinking about how to start after not blogging for so long, I felt that I needed to start here.



Someone reminded me today that at many times in our life we seem to be very far away from that faint glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. We tend to get caught looking for that light, and it is our only thought. That is when such thoughts occur as, "I'll be happy when..." "My life would be so easy if..." "When....happens everything will be better." The danger in this is that we are not focusing on all of the things that we could be enjoying right now as we are in that tunnel. I hope to be able to enjoy the tunnels of my life in my simple journey.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Hey there...welcome back!!!! We're having a reunion again you should come. Check out your Facebook

lisa said...

So glad you are blogging again!

Tera said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me, Tera!

Mindy said...

SO happy to read you again!!
I can totally identify with the philosophy of "tunnels".. I like the short tunnels the best. ;)

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have said it better myself!! Way to keep life in perspective.

adamanderinclark said...

It's good to hear from you. Thanks for the uplifiting coments.

Julie said...

Heather- I should be able to come, but I need to check one thing.

Tera- I'm glad too! :)

Mindy-Short tunnels are very nice. Glad to have you back blogging too!

Amy-I have to keep reminding myself sometimes!

Erin- Thanks for stopping by. I can't believe how fast your family is growing up!