When I was a little girl I loved to blow the dandelion seeds all over the yard. I thought they were so amazing to watch as they would float in many directions. This week it has been a very long week for me, and with the holiday it was only 4 days, but it felt like forever. I started this week like this dandelion, a little shaky, but ready to take on the week and what it brought, but hoping that there would not be any wind. However, when I think that I can't handle any more, I am shown, that I can, whether I think so or not. I do find though that when I don't think I can take floating in so many directions that I am given those "tender mercies" that let me know that I am being watched out for. As these unexpected "winds" came up this week, I was also given many opportunities to know that I am not alone. A friend bringing me a brownie, another friend scraping the snow off my windshield, an e-mail from my mom at the perfect moment, friends that just listen, and many other simple things that make a difference.Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open. ~John Barrymore

1 comment:
I HATE short weeks at school, they ALWAYS drag on. I completely understand and feel for you...maybe I just need to blow a dandelion and I'd feel all better. LOL
Post a Comment