Sunday, January 6, 2008

Simple Things


I have been thinking about this song for a while, and it is the inspiration for my new blog among other things. The song is "Simple Things" by Jim Brickman. Click on the link below to listen to it for those that have never heard it, or simply those that want to because it is a great song.

Simple Things by Jim Brickman

It really is the simple things that make the journey through life so wonderful. This blog will probably be nothing spectacular, but it will show glimpses into the simple things that I am doing on my journey through life.


A simple pansy:
It is funny how a simple thing can bring back so many memories. My favorite flower is a pansy. It has been my favorite flower ever since I was a little girl. When I was small, my dad would bring home pansies from one of the many jobs that he had when they were just going to throw them away. He would bring them home in a little cardboard box, and my sister and I were able to put them into vases and set them out. I thought it was the coolest thing, and the greatest flower. Every time I see a pansy, I just think about how amazing my dad is and how beautiful this world really is.

4 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

Jewels,

I am so excited to see that you have a blog now! (Well, a new one). I fully expect you to update this thing from time to time!

I also love the song, "Simple Things." I first heard it a few years ago and I instantly liked it. I would have to say it's my favorite by Jim Brickman...you have good taste in music!

Heather said...

YEAH...Julie has a blog!!!! I'm excited to keep up on your life. Make sure you check out my blog from time to time too! :) Glad to see that you're treasuring the simeple things in life, I think we all forget that sometimes!

Tiffany said...

I love this blogging thing! It makes it so easy to keep up with everyone. I'll be back, make sure you visit mine too. I swear I will try to be better about keeping it updated from now on!

annette said...

Hey! I just found your blog tonight (from Jason's). I love this music! I looked up more by him on YouTube. I need to get a CD.

Welcome to the world of bloggers! :)