Thursday, January 17, 2008

Who Does This?

When my roommate and I left to go to the gym at 5 AM one morning earlier this month, I asked her as we were driving in the dark, "Who does this?" My question was soon answered as we pulled into the parking lot where there were several cars parked when I thought there would maybe be 1. Apparently may people do this and are as crazy as us. This morning as we opened the door to leave, we were hit by the sudden chill that enveloped our warm apartment. (Ok, so it was just plain FREEZING!!!) I tried to scrape off my windshield as quickly as possible hoping that I wouldn't get frostbite and die! As we were driving the thought again came to me- who does this? I definitely thought that there would be fewer people out and about at 5 AM when it was barely 10 degrees. I was proven wrong once again. We were the only two there on the treadmills for a short while, but by 5:30, the place was packed. So I have decided that I'm not the only one that is crazy. (Well, maybe I am...)

2 comments:

Laura Jansson said...

Good for you, Jules! I used to do that when I was single. LOL After I got married, I got out of the habit. Oh well. I'm proud of your will power. I remember how hard it was on those cold, early mornings!!!

Tiffany said...

I think you're amazing for working out. I have been trying to get into the habit for years but I always fall back on my old excuses. Good luck sticking with it, you're awesome!