
Well, this is the end of my teaching career, I guess I will go in on Monday and break the news that I can no longer teach...or at least this is what my 2nd graders believed. They have known all year that I haven't been married, but on Friday I had to dispel the myth that you don't need to be married in order to teach. Friday morning I had a meeting and they had a substitute and my new student teacher was also there. When I came back from my meeting at lunchtime, they were saying goodbye to the sub and asked her for some reason if she was married and she said "yes." Then they turned to the student teacher and asked her is she was married and she said "yes." They again asked me if I was married and I told them no, and that was when one of the quieter girls in my class raised her hand and said, "How can you be a teacher if you are not married?" I then had to proceed to tell the class that you don't have to be married to be a teacher.
So, until I hear from a source other than a bunch of 8 year olds, I guess I will continue teaching.

2 comments:
I guess we're both safe then, eh?
From the mouths of babes! Those cute little 8 years olds. It's funny what they really think in those little heads! :) You're a wonderful teacher, I'm sure, even if you... (gasp!!) aren't married! LOL :) hehe. Thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment