Sunday, March 16, 2008

Against A Crooked Sky

Friday night I was the only one home and was working on some school stuff when I turned on the TV and saw the movie "Against A Crooked Sky" just starting. This was an old film done in 1975, but I grew up watching this movie. I have been thinking about this movie since that night. It has been a while since I had seen it, and it really has a great message. For those of you that don't know the movie..you should see it...but anyway, a boy goes to look for his sister who has been kidnapped. When he finds her she is framed for murder and the punishment is to be killed. The brother asks if he can do anything, and they tell him that he must race "Against The Crooked Sky," and if he makes it he will take her place and be killed. No one has ever done this, but he tries. I won't tell you the ending, because there is a twist, but it really made me think about that love that you have for people when you would be willing to give your life for them. It then made me think of all the times when someone has "saved my life" with the small things that they have done for me. My Savior has also "saved my life" in more ways than one. What a blessing to not be alone, to be able to learn how to love, and to feel love.

No comments: